Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of those living legends whose tale can never be recounted by a single book. His difficulties, accomplishments, and stellar performance as the captain of the Indian Cricket Team all attest to the fact that he is one of the greatest players the world has ever seen.
MS Dhoni has gone a long way from a poor middle-class household in Ranchi, Jharkhand, to bringing his country immense delight and pride. While it is easy for some to forget their lowly roots, Dhoni treasures his real character and enjoys reconnecting to them. He is known across the world as ‘Captain Cool,’ and his followers refer to him as Mahi.
Every choice he makes on the cricket field or in his life appears to teach him something new about organising people and stuff and dealing with diverse scenarios. Dhoni comes across as a person who is as calm as a cucumber in any scenario and who is always thinking creatively, startling teammates and opponents alike. He doesn’t allow the previous success or failure to get the best of him as he goes on to the next task.
This is why Dhoni has enjoyed success like no other cricketer since he first stepped onto the pitch. He led India to the top of the international rankings over the years.
He’s still winning IPL titles at the age of 40 when most people are recommending him to quit. Dhoni has all of the leadership attributes that every leader must possess as a human being.
MS Dhoni is a master of all crafts, and given the popularity of cricket in India, it doesn’t take an expert to see why people like him. Apart from his outstanding performance, MS Dhoni is notable for his unwavering modesty. People regard Dhoni as an icon because he is possibly the most humble person on the planet.
And I’m not just stating this as a fervent supporter; I’m bringing evidence to prove it. Here are a few examples of him demonstrating his down-to-earth character by assisting others or brightening their day:
1. After CSK’s semifinal versus Delhi Capitals, he autographed the match ball and gifted it to kids who were shedding tears of happiness on CSK’s qualification for the finals.
MS Dhoni gifted the signed ball to the young girl who supported CSK. Wonderful gesture by MS. pic.twitter.com/jIm17gAmpj
— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) October 10, 2021
2. When he graciously offered the plane’s business class seats to India’s team manager, K George John, who was having problems getting his legs into the economy class.
When a man who’s seen it all, done it all in Cricket tells you, “Your legs are too long, sit in my seat (Business Class), I’ll sit in Economy.” The skipper never fails to amaze me. @msdhoni pic.twitter.com/bE3W99I4P6
— George John (@georgejohn1973) August 21, 2020
3. After a CSK match, he went to see his elderly admirer and took photographs with her.
Captain cool, @msdhoni humble 😊
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 4, 2019
4. When he declined the idea of naming a pavilion after himself he remarked, “Apne hi ghar mein kya inaugurate karna?”
5. When Dhoni was setting the field for India’s World Cup warm-up match against Bangladesh.
6. During South Africa’s 2015 match against India, he decided to assist Faf du Plessis, who was in discomfort. This occurred in Wankhede Stadium.
7. Before the T20 World Cup final in 2014, he arranged tickets for Pakistani cricket enthusiast Mohammed Bashir.
8. He shook hands with a young admirer as he stopped his car to speak with him. This occurred in the year 2018.
There are a million more examples I could provide, but these are some examples that literally proves that he is the one who truly deserves all of our affection. On and off the field, Dhoni is a force to be reckoned with! Captain Cool, we adore you.